View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 10:42   #1433
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have no problems with healthy, reasoned debate, Den, but I was talking about bending the facts of what I have said in the past. Much of the dessent on here is not supported by facts, reports or articles, but by personal opinion.

Personal opinions are fine, particularly about the future, which cannot be predicted with great accuracy, but what is inexcusable is those who insist a person is wrong without any supporting evidence. That is no better than the flat-earther brigades who tried to ridicule those who said the world was actually a globe, and that it was the earth revolving around the sun instead of vice versa, and so forth.

What we all agree on is that the viewing of streaming services is increasing at the expense of our TV channels. Where will it all end? That is the debate. However, there is little debate - just silly remarks and people saying it won't happen without any justification. That is not debate, is it?
Pretty sure quoting from from a leading Technical expert in Broadcast technology at the BBC, as I have done, is "supporting evidence", which in his case, is unbiased...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.