View Single Post
Old 14-03-2020, 13:49   #9609
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The link was to the fact that the measure taken to shut down sporting events was not in accordance with government advice. You are the one obsessing about being sued, not me. I have acknowledged that employers have a duty of health and safety for their employees, but employers only have to act proportionately.
Yes, I acknowledged earlier that the Government had offered advice but I specifically asked you where that overrides Health and Safety law. The link you have provided has failed to do so.

Quote:
One has to ask if shutting down the whole premier league with all the financial consequences, disappointed fans and the organisational problems on the back of it is an appropriate response to one or two people contracting an influenza bug.
As huge capitalist enterprises don't you think that they have weighed up the risk? If opposition players/fans contract the virus and the worst happens it's them in court, not Oliver Dowden in flawed attempts to create calm by ignoring the risk.

Football clubs as employers, and operators of large leisure facilities, will have had plenty of discussions with their lawyers, insurers, accountants and medical advisers on this. They're also gambling millions weighing up potential outcomes, not simply keyboard warriors hypothesising from the safety of their living room.

Quote:
It would be interesting to hear what others think about that. I am becoming tired of these knee jerk reactions myself. The world is simply full of snowflakes. Sorry to anyone who wishes to exercise their right to be offended. You won't be the only one.
There's absolutely nothing interesting about your inflammatory invite for others to give you their opinion. The second such statement in this thread - the previous being something about being surprised at football fans putting up with it.

This is self evidently not an ordinary influenza strain - if it was the case nobody would have noticed for a start. It'd have just been chalked up as a few more Chinese flu deaths.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote