Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2020, 22:27   #89
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Picard

It is 100% perfect and I am not saying that because I am a fanboy. I wasn't going to moan but all day I have been preparing myself for disappointment because I thought I had set my expectations too high. It seems like I have been moaning non stop recently about new series and movies saying there is something missing, weak characters and story, ruins my realism factor etc and they just don't feel right. This felt amazing. They hit the ground running from the start and I had to hold back the tears right off the bat in the opening scene. They have struck the perfect balance between nostalgia, my realism factor and moving on with a new story and new characters. There are so many beautiful nods to the past and this is what my realism factor is all about it; making you believe the character and the world he now lives in is the same and a continuation of what you know to be.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic and if they had dropped the whole season today I would have gladly stayed up all night to watch it and not gone to work tomorrow. If they can get this right what is Discovery's excuse and all the other series? It is all about TLC, I don't know whether you noticed but Patrick Steward is an executive producer for the series. I also like the fact that we have a proper title sequence with a proper theme tune. Depending how the story line develops it would be nice if they change it to something more spacey for season 2.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote