View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 23:16   #8904
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But surely, you wouldn't have to use your PS4 to watch streamed sports programmes. You would simply access this through your satellite or cable system. Those without pay tv would be able to access directly through their smart TVs.

I don't think there will be a 'Netflix of sports services' - the trend seems to be different sports on different streaming services. However, I could be proved wrong. Disney + when it's launched may surprise us. That would certainly be better for the punters as it should be cheaper.
Well it depends on how I would access the streaming product. For example if its like netflix on the tivo it would work. But will companies like virgin really open the gates to allow such products through their boxes? We have a tivo available to run these type of apps but we've only got netflix. No amazon or other streaming services really. So either

1) the service provider is cheap and doesn't want to add the app i.e. virgin media are cheapskates
2) amazon etc don't want to create the app for closed systems etc

"ah its 5.15pm i better switch on my ps4 and then wait. click tv. wait for it to load for the sporting treat to load..."

Seems cumbersome for sport but fine for box sets of tv treats currently. Even clicking through a smart tv just sounds odd for a live sporting event. Tv- apps- scroll to provider- wait for it to load....i just want to click 501 instantly
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote