View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:03   #342
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
once you go down this road, it's a hand cart to hell.

You make offending someone a criminal act.

l agree.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Quote:
In regards to this particular stunt, did I find it funny....no, did I think it in poor taste....yes. Was I offended by it........NO.

If I had friends or relatives die in that tower of course I would think differently.......but it's still subjective.
Indeed it was in very poor taste but was l personally offended by it and the answer is no.

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:
to use the Malicious Communications Act is tenuous and I don't think it was written for this type of incident.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

it's more to do with a directed attack on an individual, not something that is broadcast.
Other then them being arrested l would be pretty surprised if charges are levelled at them and it ends up in court.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The problem is, Den, that some people draw offence from the smallest things these days. Where do you draw the line?

Have you watched any comedy shows lately? Most gags used these days are going to offend somebody.

No, I think we should not do anything which restricts free speech any further and we do not want to get sucked into a police state.

I thought we left 1984 behind a long time ago.
l could get offended every day if l wanted to but it takes a lot to offend me nowadays as l just let things ride over me nowadays as there are far more important things to think about in life IMO.