View Single Post
Old 13-12-2004, 17:43   #42
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

The fact that Lisa's wireless adaptors are only picking up one access point/wireless device each (I'm sure she would have mentioned the fact that there was more than one) would seem to preclude this but it's a good thought.

Lisa, in the properties settings, for either of your wireless adaptors (not for the wireless connection), does it allow you to change the frequencies / channels that they connect on?
I have just solved my problems with my wireless router and it all stemmed from the fact that the channel (or frequency) that they were on was accepting interference from an unknown source so they weren't able to attain / keep a stable connection.

Also, is there an option in the Laptop's wireless adaptor's properties that allows you to choose between which wireless standard it is using? Looking at the name of the adaptor it should be capable of running on either the "b" or the "g" standard. If it is set to "g" then this will certainly cause problems, if it is set to "either" or "both" then you might want to try telling it only to use "b" (as this appears to be the standard supported by the adaptor in the PC).
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote