View Single Post
Old 16-01-2017, 15:17   #1897
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Thoughts on the UK Tournament?

I was impressed with some of the guys, Tyler Bate is a natural and I'm pleased he did so well. Trent Severn is a good entertainer but doesn't really have a 'wrestler'physique in my opinion.

Danny Burch has a great look and he's one to keep an eye on as the UK division develops. Same for Gradwell, he's got a good 'bare knuckle brawler' look about him. Disappointed that my pick Tyson T-Bone didn't do better, I like his gimmick, I've reffed matches for him a few times, (he also inked one of my tattoos ) he makes it so easy to ref a match. Joe Connors is another guy I've worked with and am disappointed he didn't get past Mark Andrews.....who I'm very pleased did not win. Aside from the fact he dropped me without warning from his promotion a few years back despite my getting him a lot of free publicity as well as agreeing to take a wage cut to help them get off the ground (bitter....who, me??), he's talented but far too small to be someone I want representing the UK and especially not Wales - keep an eye out for Wild Boar and Grizzly Jones as examples of top Taff talent. Andrews is clearly super-over with the fans and I can see kids loving him in the way Rey Mysterio was a hero to them but keep him away from the gold please.

Pete Dunne....what an awesome heel. He comes across as an absolute sphincter who would enjoy refusing fans an autograph. I can see him going FAR in the UK division and although again I'm pleased for Tyler winning the title, Dunne would have been good too and I'm pretty certain he'll get a run. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the Cruiserweights.

Apparently all 16 guys have been signed to 1 year contracts so it seems WWE are going to offer this division all the chances it needs to succeed. Bearing in mind there are dozens and dozens of other talented UK guys available to step up, the British scene has never looked so promising.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote