Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 07:09   #166
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Doctor Who

I remember the tour guides telling us we could take as many picture of inside the Tardis as we liked but requested we didn't do so of the outside which was basically a load of wooden planks and panels in the shape of a dome as they felt it could damage the 'magic' in fans' minds of the Tardis which I can understand if you saw how naff it looks.

However we went on over to the guy who designs the current Daleks, he took the 'lid' off from one of them and showed us how they are controlled which I didn't expect as by doing so would have the same effect.

Obviously wooden inside, there's a seat - in reality just a wooden plank - and no floor to it so the operator moves the unit around Fred Flintstone-style. Their left hand controls the gun and takes over if the remote controlled head fails, the plunger is connected to a handle that goes under their right armpit and the right hand controls the eye stalk from a modified handle.

That clip looks promising but although I'm not really sure what else I was expecting from inside a Dalek they don't really have the same impact anymore
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote