Thread: Router issue
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 15:42   #2
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Router issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have an ASUS AC66U router with the latest firmware.

My issue is for no reason every now and then the wireless just drops and all devices on the wireless just drop off including our phones, mobiles, laptops and tablets.

So far this month i have witnessed this 4 times and my sons boyfriend said it also dropped once when i was not home.

Is there any sort of tests i can run on the router to see if its problematic?

Thanks
Hi Alan, I would switch to using this fork of the Merlin ASUS firmware:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/for...e-v15e5.18914/

I have a N66U and this is by far the best firmware for these models. You will get better range and better stability compared to the ASUS stock firmware.

We have all sorts of wired and wireless device attached to this router and not one has had a connection problem on 2.4 or 5 GHz