View Single Post
Old 23-11-2014, 10:30   #5222
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I said we were "beyond the stage" where we should agree to disagree - it's quite clear we're not going to win each other round, so I didn't see much point in continuing. I don't think the discussion descended into anything other than respectful debate and when I offered sincere thanks for the discussion I meant it.

The irony of the piece is that the news of the latest price increases have spurred me into action, and I have a deal in place with another provider that to be honest better suits what I want at a price I'm happy with and a superb cash back referral. Ideally I'd be cutting the cord, but I tried unsuccessfully to convince the Mrs this time last year and not much has changed. I'm hoping that after the 18 month contract is finished I'll be able to make a convincing case for relying on a mix of streaming services, but we'll see.

So after everything in the last few pages I'll be phoning Virgin tomorrow to give them them a choice between fighting for my business or cancelling my services with them. I contacted them earlier and was offered TV M for free on top of broadband and phone, keeping the TiVo as effectively a smart(ish) freeview+hd box - but actually their broadband is a good £10 or so more expensive than other providers in my area and I'd be spending another £10-15 on streaming services so wouldn't actually see that much of a saving. Now that I finally have FTTC in my area, I have options outside of the big two, which hasn't always been the case.

Shame as I've enjoyed being a Virgin customer, but TiVo no longer holds the pull for me it once did when suggestions was still a working feature and I stand by what I've said earlier in this thread - you can't complain about what private companies charge for their services, because they're not necessities - you either pay it or you don't.
Who's the provider you have a deal in place with ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote