View Single Post
Old 20-11-2014, 10:40   #5200
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't think it does. People just put up with it because they know that nothing can be done about it and choose according to which pay TV service best fits their needs, whishing that the parts of the other service that they would like was available to them.

Many people, myself included are dumping traditional pay TV services and are choosing the content that they want via streaming services. That is far from being happy with the status quo in my view.
Except that the status quo is that we have a system which allows you to do exactly what you've done. You're not tied in to pay tv, you have a choice, and you've chosen. The status quo is working for you, you're just to pessimistic to see it. You are, in your own words, "choosing the content that (you) want". That is really excellent that you can do that, you should be delighted.

But don't fall in to the trap of thinking that because you don't like something you hold the majority view. Ten million Sky subscribers and 4 million Virgin customers aren't just burying their collective head in the sand and praying for the day when something better will come along! You need to give people some credit.