View Single Post
Old 31-05-2014, 16:09   #11
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Re: Your home network

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yes to all of the above.

Although I don't so much have IT as a hobby because I love working in it, I started working in it because I already had it as a hobby.

I find myself regularly making excuses to add more kit that I don't really need.
Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

My home network is:

Upstairs spare room/office - Superhub 1 with wired connections to two PC's and one microserver(running omv), and occasionally a parallel HP jetdirect printer server for my HP LJ1100.

Downstairs - A WRT-54G router running DD-WRT in access point mode, bridging the wireless back into wired, it enable me to connect me SKY HD box and my LG Blueray player my network.

I have a Sony Xperia Z1, partner has a Galaxy S2.

I also run Fing on Android.

EDIT: Should also state that I normally would use the Superhub as a modem only, but my router went U/S and I haven't got round to replacing it yet.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote