View Single Post
Old 30-05-2014, 12:11   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Your home network

Not especially - I am in IT Management now, so obviously I know nothing technical....

Main VM cable comes into the corner of the lounge, which connects to the SH1 (router mode, 2.4Ghz wifi).

Cables come out of the SH1 to
- Cat5 cable that goes back outside the house, and goes to the upstairs office.
- Powerline Adaptor1
- 5 port gigabit switch, which connects to Tivo, BluRay, Xbox

Powerline Adaptor1 connects to Powerline Adaptor2 in the dining room, which is connected to a Tenda N60 (2.4 and 5Ghz)to provide wifi coverage to that side of the house and the right hand side of the back garden

Cat5 cable (from above) in the office connects to a 5 port Gigabit switch, which feeds a Linksys Router for wifi for that side of the house upstairs, main house PC, and a HP printer.

A wifi extender in our bedroom (upstairs) to provide wifi coverage to that side of the back garden.

Devices connected are two PCs (one cable, one wifi), three laptops (all wifi), 2 iPads, a Nexus 7, a HP Win8 tablet, 3 x iPhones, 1 x Samsung S3, Xbox360, BluRay, TiVo, Apple TV, and various guest smartphones.

Security is WPA2-PSK, with only authorised MAC addresses allowed.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote