View Single Post
Old 28-05-2014, 17:07   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The right raid array for NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Something to consider is perhaps buying a Microserver. I have this rather cheeky number in my living room.
That's a good deal.

Long term (don't really have the money to do it at the moment), I've been looking at a large NAS. Actually primarily so I can ensure the family computers are backed up (even though it's on site, it's better than nothing) but I'd like to store some media, and stream it. Yes, I know that most NAS drives can do DNLA, but I have a variety of devices and I'd like a device with enough power to convert the media to whatever form is needed on the fly..

I use a package called Mezzmo to stream and convert the media. Be interesting to see if that microserver is up to the task of on the fly conversion.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote