View Single Post
Old 28-04-2014, 22:51   #31
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Received a letter from Virgin mobile today and only after opening it realised it was addressed to a different name but at my address. It is an overdue account letter and I don't have any accounts with VM. No one else has ever lived at my property as it is newly built, so either a mistake or fraud.
Was this a phone delivered to your house? Or can they not tell you where the contract for the bill started if it wasn't at your address

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

This is a template used by national debitline which i have used in the past.

HOME ADDRESS

DATE

COMPANY ADDRESS

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: XXXXXXXXXXX

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (COMPANY NAME).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

SIGNATURE
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote