View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 15:27   #4408
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Read my next paragraph, muppetman. I said that this assumes that BT will develop additional channels, some in BT's own name.

About a year ago, BT indicated that it would be extending the range of linear channels on its platform, but I don't know if they have had a change of heart since then. But I do think that this is what they should do, because only then can they compete on a more level playing field with their main competitors.
Why do they need to start their own channels to compete ? VM don't own their own channels nor do Talk Talk who I believe are the fastest growing TV service in the UK at the moment.

BT TV doesn't require you to have a satellite dish and its fibre coverage a prerequisite for the internet channels on BT TV now covers a greater footprint than that of VM with government funding its hoped this coverage could reach 90% of UK homes.

At the moment I agree their TV service is lacking quite a few key channels however I'm sure BT will add these going forward making a decent triple play offering.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote