View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:39   #98
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

My elderly MIL's broken back fence. One of the fence posts on which her back gate is hung has rotted at the base and that whole half of the fence was swaying in the wind. As a short term measure until the weather calms down and I can get some new posts etc. I managed to brace the broken fence using some old arris rail propped/secured against the fence at one end and driven into the ground at the other which in turn I secured with a second piece driven in perpendicular to it and screwed. Not looking forward to removing the broken post since on the other side of the gate is a completely paved communal area which I don't want to disturb. I feel another one of my trusty Heath Robinson fixes coming on...

Also managed to fix my son's Casio watch. The resin case had broken away where one end of one if the strap pins locates but I managed to build it up using epoxy resin and relocate the pin and strap. The watch has a lot of sentimental value so I hope the repair holds.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote