View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 20:48   #3912
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
There isn't any. Which was my point.

The NFL doesn't have to compete with any other significant world leagues. If you like top class American Football you're pretty much watching American teams play. (Not withstanding Jacksonville becoming a suburb of London!)
Fair comment about the NFL.

I think it may best to agree to disagree about the 3 pm games. I think the rule helps the lower leagues, but I understand your point about people who don't attend the lower league games live should have the option.

It would be interesting to see it trialled one season to see if it does effect attendances (if it does at all). In theory my argument could be moot, as the lower league clubs would have die hard fans who would always go, regardless of what is being shown on TV.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Random question, but does anyone know if there is a reason why BBC and ITV could not team up and bid for sports rights? If they got some Golf for example, they could share 2 days each and also share the same commentators, cameras etc.
It would be great to see top sport back on FTA, but it could be very difficult for BBC and ITV to agree who shows what.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote