View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 18:27   #2871
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

still no new eh?

despite my comments a couple of days ago (some 100 pages or so!!)i have succumbed to temptation and posted again.

i am trying to look at any positives in this. From the press releases so far it would appear BT would like BT Sports on VM (access to potentially 4M subscribers) and VM would like BT Sports on it s platform (to keep its customers happy and feel they are getting as good as if not comparable service to Sky)

Both sides want it to happen so clearly its down to £££ and both sides trying to get the best deal for themselves(understandable)

BT struck its deal with Sky some time ago- £12 pm or £15pm with HD ( though i think you sign up with BT direct not through Sky)

You would have thought that same terms would have been on the table to VM ?? I know VM dont like channels doing their own deals - i think thats one reason we never got Premier Sports. I think getting BT sports would be more important to VM than Premier Sports ever was.

so i read that as VM trying to secure a better deal ( i will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that includes to the benefit of its customers)

so maybe it will eventually come to VM but VM are wanting to get a better deal than Sky ie have the cost absorbed maybe into its XL pricing (in full or partially)- either way not at the price Sky got.

i shall check back in another 100 pages or so and see if anything has actually happened yet.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote