View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05   #40
DocDepraved
Inactive

DocDepraved is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vm mobile price increase

A few people in here are saying why moan its only a few pence. Well This is why im bloody annoyed at this.

My Tarriff is 30.99 per month for 2 years. Basically x amount of that is for the cost of my mobile and x amount is cost of the actual tariff ( as in calls, text etc etc )

Lets say 15 a month is for cost of phone and 15.99 a month for the actual usage. This means when I took contract I paid them 360 for my phone.

As they are increasing the 2.9% on the whole 30.99 they are actually now telling me that even though I signed a contract and agreed that I would buy my phone at 360 and pay 15.99 a month for usage they have now decided to increase how much I would pay for my phone.

I spoke to someone from VM a minute ago and she actually stated to me that yes the increase is actually increasing the cost of my phone purchase from them.

This is unlawful. I will be writing to ofcom to complain about this. I do not mind if they increase the cost of using the phone but to charge me more for the actual hardware that I purchased the day I signed the contract ( and paying for monthly ) is outright bloody wrong.

I also asked about cancelling the contract due to the price increase. Now legally I should be able to cancel and only pay remaining months * % of Tariff which covers cost of device but no I would have to pay remaining months * full amount to cancel which means I would pay for usage which I can not use.
DocDepraved is offline   Reply With Quote