View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 19:41   #1409
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Virgin are already trying something. They're trying to offer folk reductions but tying them into 18 month contracts. Beware!

Above post from a Celtic fan site discussing Virgin , BT sports and the loss of ESPN and the opinion that Virgin would be advised to pull something out the hat for their XL customers for this.

People on there not overly impressed. (With Virgin not Celtic , although in saying that.....)
Has anyone mentioned being offered new packages with SKY Sports being down sold? I'm aware of 2 people who have called Virgin in the past 7 days who have been offered a cheaper package if they drop their current SKY Sports package and take just SKY Sports 1 & 2 instead. I can't find anything on the website to suggest Virgin are offering a package with just SKY Sports 1 & 2.

My brother, currently out of contract with VIP, was offered £40.00 off per month if he signed a new 18 month deal. He had to drop:

1. Broadband down to 60mb
2. SKY in HD
3. SKY Sports 3, SKY Sports 4 and SKY F1
4. A few phone changes

My brother didn't take the deal as he is waiting to see what is going to happen with ESPN / BT Sports.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote