View Single Post
Old 16-03-2013, 19:17   #1800
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
sniper ghost warrior 2

don't bother - it seems to have all the crappy elements of 'sniper' roles from the arcade games;
aim assist you cannot turn off
kill cam you cannot turn off
crossing the map to go stabbing (it's a sniper theme, not recon)
only 2 (yes TWO) maps
shoddy textures (even though it's on CryEngine3) meaning a complete inability to hide in foliage
stupid radar map showing enemies whenever they shoot that (you guessed it) you cannot turn off
n.b. - this is on Multiplayer. I don't play single player. however, reviews are slating that too for being far too linear and the moment you stray from doing exactly what you are told to do, it's game over.

I was hoping after the flop that was the first Sniper Ghost Warrior, the makers may have bucked their ideas up (especially as they went on about how they have made a new game from the bottom up for this). it seems not. this is totally made for console gamers, and bad gamers at that. (yeah - I'm a PC gamer)
I just got Ghost Warrior 2 and personally i like it. Only done some single player at the moment so can't comment on the multiplayer side of it yet.