View Single Post
Old 13-12-2012, 04:19   #31
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I am wondering if you have got this section correct:

"Code:
killall udhcpc

/usr/sbin/udhcpc -i vlan2 -V "6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0" -c "UUUUUUUUUU@skydsl|PPPPPPPPPPPPPP" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc &
vlan2 - change this to match the information found in step 2"

The ampersand signifies that the line of code is not complete and continues on the next line. Is this symble in the right position? Try it with and without any spaces.
That's incorrect.

A backslash is used to continue a command over multiple lines. An ampersand signals to the shell to not wait for the application to return before continuing.

---------- Post added at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Well I tried your suggestions Mick but it still wouldnt establish a connection to the wan, I also ran the command "ps" again in the command shell for your perusal..

I'm not sure if anything can be gleaned from this
Unless your PS output is getting cut off, what the system thinks it's running and what you told it to run are entirely different. Stretch the window and run PS again to see if the udhcpc is being cut short.

Best way to debug is to connect to the router using telnet or SSH and run that command manually to see what the output is. I'm not sure how DD-WRT handles its' syslog or whether it has one at all, on Openwrt it's easy enough to see what's going wrong as the system log will contain any errors output by the startup script or your udhcpc command.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote