Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05   #164
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Fortunately, I don't work at that level of morality so can't fathom either of them out. As crooked as they are though, they're pretty clever so shouldn't be underestimated.

I don't know how these things work but from what has happened to Rangers, I suspect that Romanov is about to pull a flanker with Hearts. The authorities bent over backwards to sneak Rangers into the SPL so if they apply the same criteria to Hearts then administration could be a wise business move.

Hearts would be deducted points but would emerge debt free and quite probably still playing in the SPL. Only HMRC, and by extension each tax payer, would be getting stiffed.

The difference between the Hearts and what happened to Rangers is that the main creditor of Hearts is a Lithuanian bank owned by a certain Mr Romanov. Any CVA proposal couldn't be vetoed by HMRC.

I'd imagine that Romanov has already written off the money owed to him by Hearts so accepting a pennies in the pound deal could be to his advantage.
Hearts exit administration, still the same club and still in the SPL.

I don't know if it's possible to do this. if it is then accepting Rangers offer would not to be Hearts advantage even if it was one penny less than what was owed.
I've got to agree with your point of view. Hearts fans at my work suspect Romanov wants the club to go into administration. Hearts fans are also suggesting the rules have changed since last year. whilst Rangers lost 10 points last season Hearts face either a 15-point deduction or losing a third of last seasons point tally. If Hearts go into administration they face dropping to the bottom of the SPL sitting on either -1 or -4 points. A real possibility they could be relegated.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
No deal with rangers is the best deal.

Rangers are masters are not paying money, just trying to take advantage of another club, which they seem to have done to all clubs for the last few years.
I can understand your point of view. It's going to take a long time for Rangers to rebuild their reputation.

Hearts fans I know are just desperate for their club to be saved. Not all of them, but a fair few are very disappointed Hearts didn't accept or at least try to negotiate the offer from Rangers to secure their club.

Whilst it appears Rangers are trying to take advantage of Hearts, lets wait and see what happens if the club goes into administration. I'm expecting clubs south of the border to take advantage, snapping up Hearts players on the cheap or even free in January.

Either way, things are looking very grim at Tynecastle. There is also a suggestion that Dunfermline will be entering into administration by December over a £81,000 tax bill.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote