View Single Post
Old 15-10-2012, 14:29   #191
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
In all serious I've yet to speak to anyone who thinks Scotland going independant is the right move for Scotland. Nobody I know will be voting yes, myself included.
As it gets closer to the vote and more of the spin gets unravelled I can't see it getting any better. A few years ago Salmond was mouthing off to all and sundry how the Republic of Ireland was a perfect example of how a small country could work well.

He's gone kind of quiet on that front since their economy tanked.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Can 25% of people be won over?
Doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Additionally, if it's a 'no' then how long is this issue dead for?
Hopefully at least two or three generations. Either way it has to be a definitive vote with a good turnout. A slim margin either way or poor turnout would mean it would keep rearing its head.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote