Thread: 2012 Ryder Cup
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 13:10   #8
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: 2012 Ryder Cup

This was brilliant. I was watching it from 10pm onwards and glued to the TV. I loved the support from the European fans. The "Olaaaay Olay Olay Olaaay... Olaay Ollay" chanting was absolutely brilliant. It's always nice to quiet the american fans and we did that perfectly. The post match interviews were brilliant, Olazabal's tears made me cry too, I used to love watching Seve - he was the reason I started watching Golf - and winning in his colours was so apt!

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Who watched it? Couldn't bear watching any of the singles, but what a massive turn around this was. I truly think that Seve Ballesteros was up there watching and helping Europe to win.

Final score, for those who missed it, was 14.5 Europe to USA 13.5, which means Europe won outright. 14 was needed to retain, but we went one better.
Indeed - although retaining the cup with a draw would have been brilliant in itself, considering what the guys had to turnaround on the final day, actually winning outright was the icing on the cake.

Well done Woods for being so sporting.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote