View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57   #47
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've a sneaky suspicion it could be a new service with new boxes to follow , but that's purely guesswork.
There has been talk for quite some time about a second generation Freesat spec. There was speculation for a while that they were waiting to get Youview onto it but that seems to have fallen by the wayside now.

I've just bought a Battlestar Echostar PVR; it's a good thing I'm not interested in paying extra for TV services or else I might be quite peeved at being shut out of part of the service less than a fortnight later.

Still, as Telly says, in a roundabout way this is very much in keeping with the ethos of Freesat. The TV is still free, but it offers Freesat STB owners access to video rentals, 21st century style, if they want it, without any contract obligation, just the way it always used to be at the local shop.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote