View Single Post
Old 15-07-2012, 11:09   #374
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN may lose EPL Football(Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emel View Post
There seems to be a strong feeling against the Doncaster/Regan scheming.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23908629/

I wonder just how bad the loss of TV money will really be. TV broadcasters will still want Scottish Football and ESPN will have to look at their priorities without the EPL. BT also need more content for their sports channel. Maybe the gloom merchants are overplaying their hand.

On the subject of BT (or ESPN even). I hope they make a play for Premier Sport's NRL coverage. At least I would be able to watch it on Virgin then!
Another publication has suggested that a vote of no confidence is on the cards for Regan from SFL clubs. The man needs to go.

I'm still going to go and watch Rangers. Still no idea how much a season ticket will be. Still no tickets for the first home game on sale via their website. I'll also be going to some of the away games too. Clyde, East Stirling and Stirling Albion are about 15 minutes away in the car. Queens Park at Hampden should be fun too.

Now that the "worst case scenario" has happened I'm surprised that neither SKY or ESPN have officially confirmed or reiterated their stance.