View Single Post
Old 13-01-2012, 15:57   #119
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The difference being that most Germans wanted the wall to come down and took it down at the earliest opportunity.

Arriving at the BBC Scotland OB this lunchtime, I was struck at just how disappointed some of the studio audience were that the programme had effectively become a referendum special. Among most Scots, not only is there little appetite for independence, I would say there's little appetite for even talking about it, or voting on it.

Of course that does open the disturbing possibility of a yes vote being carried narrowly on a low turnout, which was enough to inflict an Assembly on the reluctant/indifferent Welsh a little over 10 years ago.

You're right off course.

I'd be surprised if there was a majority of SNP voters who would vote for independence, never mind the majority of the electorate.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote