View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 19:26   #1
Nailaddict
Inactive

Nailaddict is an unknown quantity at this point
New Panasonic TV with built in Freeview HD cannot find channels

Hi, I'm new here and have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how I can get my new Panasonic TV to find channels with an ordinary aerial from the wall. I have been using virgin cable box for about the last 8 years but as we had to buy a new TV I thought I might as well just use Freeview services. I've worked out that it probably has something to do with the aerial I'm using in the lounge, as 2 of my daughters have freeview boxes connected to the rooftop aerial in their bedrooms and are both okay. I've tried one of these systems with the aerial I'm trying to connect to my new TV, and I couldn't get a signal. The aerial I'm using is the original in the house (1981). I took it to Maplins this morning and they said it could be because we had 2 other tvs connected although only 1 is being used, or the rooftop aerial, or the wall aerial socket, but thought the aerial I was trying to use was ok. Should I just give up and reconnect my Virgin box (which I'm not quite sure how to do yet!)? Or can anyone give me any other advice? Thanks in advance if you can help. I am blonde and I do nails so please nothing too technical!! Thanks everyone.
Nailaddict is offline   Reply With Quote