View Single Post
Old 15-01-2011, 14:34   #19
servius7
Inactive

servius7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
Just as an addition to this, I ordered a phone and they ran a credit check and it failed. For info I have a 500+ credit rating with Equifax, however they cancelled my order and didn't inform me. Result: someone waiting in all day for a phone which never arrived.

An e-mail is currently sitting in Neil Burketts inbox. I await a reply with interest.
Yes ok. What will happen is that Neil will send you a message stating that your complaint has been sent to their Executive Office and a rep will contact you. Mine is Simon. Now despite how nice they are, they are also tied up with policies that are outdated and crazy and simon will admit this. Having said that they do have more high end contacts to resolve the issue. Now Simon and James Clarke (Executive Team manger) who is also dealing with my problem has told me that Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are one and the same company. They have merged the companies with the intention of making the policies uniform. Simon has instructed me and confirmed the Email that I received that Virgin Media Customers do not require a credit check. However they still with the system have to do it because they don't have the ability to override the system. They now accept I do exist and indeed at the address of which I want the phone sent to. This is after sending a email with a photo of my passport, bank details and address and driving licence and Virgin Media Customer later with these details on. Now Friday 14 (over 3 weeks later) a decision to override the system has gone to the top Executive Director of Virgin Media/Mobile to override the system. So they will help you and try to resolve. But what a lot of hassle when all they need is some common sense and this is what Neil stated to me in an Email. Now things I believe will get better because of the Merge but alas this does not help us. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg lol

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Did they give you a delivery date before running a credit check, that dosen't make sense does it?

In my experience most companies confirm delivery details once the order has been fully processed, ie you have met the criteria but obviously not with VM Mobile.

On a sidenote the rating you refer to is a bit of a red herring, a marketing tool if you like to flog their paid for credit file services. It is merely an indication of how healthy Equifax consider your file to be but it is the credit provider that makes a decision based on a number of factors. Equifax merely provide them with details of the information they hold. As far as I am aware there isn't really such a thing as a numeric credit rating, certainly not an external one anyway. Organisations like Banks often have internal ratings for customers though, I know for a fact Lloyds TSB do.

I hope you get the problem sorted out.
Yes they did confirm a delivery date depending on the time in the day of the order it came be next day or the day after.

I do not train their staff I doubt if anyone does. (Mere sarcasm)

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
As I said we on the Virginmedia side do not ask for any account details whatsoever if you are calling over a Virgin Mobile issue regardless of the fact that you may be a Virginmedia customer as it just wastes the customers time and annoys them once transferred that the Virgin Mobile agent has knowledge of who they are as we just cold transfer them.

Now if a Virgin National customer were to call then their account screen pops up and we can then ask for their details and inform the agent of the customers name before transferring them but we cannot get any further into their accounts either.
Well you should soon be able to, because Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile have merged into one company as it should have been from the start. This was something of which OFFCOM stated to me would have been the wisest approach as they do not prevent this within their guidelines. So it is likely that most of Virgin Media or Mobile staff may not be aware of. However this was stated by Simon at Executive Office (Mobile) and James Clarke (Executive Manager). So this crazy situation should be resolved and as Simon stated to me 'No Virgin Media customer requires a credit check for a mobile phone.' He also stated on the phone, 'This situation is crazy', James stated 'Crap', and I have every confidence this situation will eventually be resolved for all customers who are wasting their time dealing with this at the moment stupid situation.
servius7 is offline   Reply With Quote