View Single Post
Old 28-12-2010, 15:25   #21
HD462
Inactive

Services: Digital Cable TV V+ Freeview Virgin Phone 10Mb Broadband Home WiFi Network Virgin Mobile BB
HD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enough
Re: HTC Desire stll not come

Plug your Desire usb cable into your pc, and on the Desire screen an option screen pops up. Choose USB Drive. Then browse the drive on your pc, you'll see a file called HTC Sync.exe double click the file to start the install off.

You don't really need to install it unless you want to sync files between your computer and phone, such as music, or emails from an email client.

I prefer to use Google Mail as it works perfectly with the phone (being a Google Android phone), and also any computer. Also keeping all your contacts as Google contacts instead of phone contacts, automatically backs them up into your Google Mail contacts so they're accessible from anywhere. Plus, no need to add them all back if you have to wipe your phone for any reason, as it automatically syncs them from your google account.

For music I just prefer to drag and drop my folders to the phone, and managed my own files, which you can do anyway without using the software just by choosing to mount as a USB drive when you plug the phone into the computer.
HD462 is offline   Reply With Quote