View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:09   #307
TazFTO
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Phone
TazFTO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've been a VM (NTL/Telewest) customer for about 10 years. I like the broadband & phone, but can't stand the laggy TV & appalling customer service.

Moved house recently....

Broadband- VM engineer fitted the wrong router, so I had no web connection. 1 week later, I can now connect to the web, but I have a slower connection on 50Mbit than I had on the previous 20Mbit. Strange how some broadband tests show 4Mbit & some show 283Mbit for my 50Mbit link, but even doing a download test to a VM server only gives a max of 3Mbit.

Phone - They gave me a recycled number, so I got calls throughout the night for someone else. Called them, they changed the number 24 hours later for another recycled number.

TV - Had to go for the V+ as the new landlord won't allow a Sky dish, all I can get is stereo sound, called VM customer services, who didn't understand what 5.1 was, then told me to turn the TV sound up, eventually telling me that it's my optical cable into the Amp that's at fault (even though it's fine on other devices). They're sending out an engineer to have a look and "probably replace the cables".
TazFTO is offline   Reply With Quote