View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 23:57   #34
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Simon Cowell considering axing UK shows..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Not weird at all. Together with all the result shows, and other hype they take up several hours of TV each. Hours that could be used for something decent. Then there is the fact that it's hard to pick up a newspaper without being exposed to what is happening on the latest Pop-Idol/Opportunity-knocks-with-phone-voting clone from Simon Cowell. That's without mentioning that the TV and Radio news often carry items about them as well.

If the rest of that hype didn't happen, I would just ignore the shows.
That's just crazy, nowadays we have multi channels, the internet and dvd/blu ray so get your entertainment where you want it from. These shows don't have to be watched.

If they get in the media that's because the media thinks they will sell newspapers. My tip, don't read/buy tabloid newspapers. Journalists are a bunch of self satisfying egotists in my opinion.

Look, I love these shows as they are easy going and entertaining family shows. I got three kids and they love them. They don't do any harm so leave them alone
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote