Thread: Snow !
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2010, 13:35   #1590
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow!

More tales of weather-related woe - only this time a bit more serious!

At ten past one this morning I heard an ominous scraping down the roof directly above me. It went quiet and I scrunched my eyes. Then, sure enough, tishhhhh... as 1/4 of a brick fell through the skylight into the room we use as an office. Tiny shards of toughened glass everywhere - including inside the printer. I've not been up to check yet but I assume it's been loosened from the chimney by freeze/thaw weathering.

Fortunately, there are some bits of wood about still left over from the kitchen renewal and I managed to wedge some of it in the gap. Spent an hour clearing up the worst of the mess and went back to bed. Perhaps another hour later there was another tishhh as some of the rest fell in.

Fortunately, there was very little rain in the night and there was just the smallest of puddles this morning. Spent all morning perched at the top of a ladder pulling out the rest of the glass and chipping out hardened putty. Still 1/3 to go. Looks like we're not going to get out this weekend after all. Still, the rain is holding off for now...
altis is offline   Reply With Quote