Thread: Snow !
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24   #1508
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Well, we had about an inch of snow yesterday, which froze solid overnight. So now we're snowed in. I just tried to get out and the spot where the beer lorry was stuck the other day is absolutely treacherous. Fortunately I was only doing 10mph max when I came across an Audi estate skidding all over the place, and was able to stop reasonably easily. But that was enough to suggest I probably shouldn't go any further, given that my journey wasn't essential.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, looking out the window and watching the occasional car whizz by. The sad thing is, they'll go home tonight and tell people that the road up here is 'ok', or 'passable' or 'not that bad'. In fact, it's none of those things. If two cars meet on the bend half-way up that slope today, there's going to be a nasty accident. They don't know the danger they're in, but what can I do about it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote