View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 23:52   #252
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
re. The Time War...

So it was The Doctor who actually "Time Locked" it, trapping the Timelords & Daleks*?

I do remember the Time Lock being mentioned before, but I'd always assumed that The Doctor had done something worse & actually destroyed Gallifrey, The Time Lords, & the Daleks.

*[Well, apart from all those Daleks that escaped of course]
Just been reading Wikipedia.

My memory was correct, I think I've just been confusing myself - The Doctor did end the Time War personally, by destroying both the Daleks and the Time Lords - he "burned" the Dalek Fleet, and Gallifrey with it.

The Time Lock was a separate thing, not the thing that ended the war.

So I would assume that after The Doctor sent The Lord Bond and co. back to the "bubble that's not a bubble" that is the Time Locked Time War, they and the Daleks would then soon be "burned" by an earlier Doctor's use of the "moment".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As a disembodied head, floating above his own tomb in The Five Doctors:

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

His only actual appearance, IIRC, although he was mentioned numerous times.

Incidentally, I wouldn't assume that the character we saw this evening actually was the Rassilon. It was left really very vague, deliberately so, I think.
Yup, maybe. Or perhaps the Time Lords brought him back somehow to lead them in the Time War.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote