Thread: UK Timeline X Factor : 2009
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2009, 19:31   #473
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: X Factor : 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
This is a total mockery of music in this day and age, whoever gets to that No1 spot should be down to cds sold in the shops, and not down to downloads,
The came arguement could have been applied to Vinyl and CDs.. There are still a lot of people around that don't consider CD to be a good medium for music (the reproduction is too cold and too clinical, apparently).

My own opinion is that while I don't think downloads are necessarily a good thing for the economy (local record shops did employ a *lot* of people, and have been hit hard by both the supermarkets and downloads), they are a valid way of determining what people like.
Quote:
When the shops close, obviously you are going to get more downloads and that will go onto win, that horrible song should NOT be No1, Christmas is a time for good music and the festive season, terrible result, but there again there was this internet war by stupid people who wanted revenge of reality shows.- people should grow up.
Christmas isn't (and has never been, IMO) a time for good music. Even the so called classic christmas songs (Rockin around the christmas tree, Slade etc) are not actually good songs.

It's been known in the past for people releasing singles that may not be musically the best, but are often quite fun and at least vaguely linked to Christmas. Now it seems to have become a cash cow for Simon Cowell.

Sorry, but I don't buy that he isn't cashing in on Xmas. While he stated that the timing of the Xfactor final and single release is entirely co-incidental, I cannot believe that. TV schedules are planned in great detail and months ahead. He would have known months ago that the x factor was due to end around Christmas, and I'd be staggered if, as the owner of the rights to one of ITV's most watch programmes, he didn't have at least some say in when it started..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote