View Single Post
Old 26-05-2009, 12:47   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: VM-MAC-PC LAPTOP combo - How? Advice please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarora View Post
Well I had a quick look on the back of the machine and couldn't see an ethernet port. It did have what I recall as being a modem port. I will try and have another look, but if it is an ethernet port (i.e. I got it wrong) then can I buy any wireless router e.g. a Netgear one (suggested that as that is what I use) and connect that as normal?

I am not entirely sure how old the machine is and because I am not very clued up on Macs I don't know the model or anything. If it helps I know that is a tower and is greenish in colour. Come to think of it, that probably won't help, but I am pretty sure that it does not have an ethernet port, otherwise why would the installer connect the cable modem to the machine via USB if there was an ethernet port available?

Anyways, I will double check again tonight and in the meantime, if anyone can offer any advice, i would greatly appreciate it.
Does it look like the attached? If so, that is a PowerMac G3, and the Ethernet Port should be on the back, probably on the either the left or right hand side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 600px-PowerMac_G3_Blanc-Bleu.JPG (88.8 KB, 1 views)
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote