Thread: Dish or aerial?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 15:08   #13
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Re: Dish or aerial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You can manually tune a Freesat box to get Sky News if you really want it. However there's a big problem with "FreesatfromSky" boxes compared to proper Freesat ones. The Sky EPG is still present in full, loaded with all the channels you don't get and don't want. Sat installers who put in FTA systems have hated this for years, especially when they have to explain to some of their customers why it is that all the channels they don't get are still listed. They are loving Freesat for this reason. The EPG by definition only includes channels you can actually watch.
By that reason I could complain to Virgin about their EPG, which does much the same for M (i.e Free-to-view) package holders.

Looking round, I see that installation for a dish and quad-LNB will cost around £100 where I live. That too much to have a dish installed and aligned, a couple of wires put to a node in the bedroom, and the quad-LNB installed?
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote