View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 23:55   #20
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice
Re: internet, ps3 and xbox 360 wireless router help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
look at linksysinfo.org theres some modified versions there that can track upto 8k connections across the nat, the mod by vitek is pretty good as well.

I'm actually on Adsl but Ive got a DG834 v4 set to Bridge (modem only) and then using the WRT54GL as my router becuase I like some the features that i've not found a decent Equivelent to in the Adsl Modem/router all in one units.

Mine's doing QOS, Internal DNS, DNS caching (set to around 8K), DHCP server, NAT and Firewall (Some machines have certian port-ranges filtered and L7 filters in place)

And i've yet to have any problems
been reading up on the two versions of linksys routers ones for the USA market and the ones they send over to the UK. we seem to be getting the ruff end of the pine apple.
but most usa routers work over here. can't wait for my sons new router to show up.
been trying out a new set-up today.
linksys wrk54g with xbox(wired) and wii(wifi) no firewall just mac filter.
then my belkin router connected to that with just the wifi for three laptops firewall on, mac filter on with wpa.
seems very stable and the xbox360 has no lag and hosting seem far better (reported from son).
but this is on a 20mb connection.
all it took was a bit of ip jigging on linksys and all works great.
all done for a test my mate was having trouble with xbox on the linksys but im finding it ok
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote