View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 00:13   #16
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice
Re: internet, ps3 and xbox 360 wireless router help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Upnp in the consoles sorts out the portforwarding for you,
Static IP addressing may or may not stop someone like all secuirty it depends on what they know and how determined they are.

DMZ only works for a single device also.

For arugment sake i've had 3 xbox 360's participate in halo3 matches over xbox live on my previous 8128kps down 448 kps connection using a voyager 2110 router and allowing Upnp to handle the port mappings
Linksys (most models)

Some of the Wireless G range of Linksys routers have had NAT issues for sometime now, recently Linksys have released new firmware for some models that fix these issues, therefore I suggest you download and use the latest version of firmware and reset the router back to factory defaults and check the outcome of the NAT status

well i tried all the above you mention and with both belkin and linksys(which was a nightmare). and hosting was a problem,live chat and connecting to live was also trouble.
ps3 was just a useless black box that is now giving my brother more trouble than its worth
but as we have both shown there are many ways of setting up a router you just have to find what is best for your home network.
love forums and the transfer of good ideas

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:48 ----------

just had a chat with son and he has a few friends from the USA.
they are saying if you can get linksys router made for the USA market as these have a fare better options and better firm wire upgrades.
and will work over here in the uk....his mate is shipping one over for us so will keep you informed.
Here's a list of best linksys routers with firm wire ver for xbox live they sent him.
BEFSR41 (v3)1.04.8
BEFW11S4 (v4)1.45.3, 1.50.14
WRT54G 2.02.7

WRT55AG (v2) 1.30
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote