View Single Post
Old 30-05-2008, 15:24   #24
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Homeplugs - Any Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
That's what I have - and it works ok - only thing that I have found is that if the power goes (or the modem gets rebooted) the modem doesn't always find the router (I assume it picks up the mac address of the home plug or something) - so I have had to unplug the router from downstairs and connect it directly to the modem upstairs to make sure the modem finds it - if that makes sense?
So the cable modem plugs straight into a home plug upstairs, and then the router plugs uin to a homeplug downsatirs. Glad that works, one of the guys at work said he couldn't do it like that so I was envisaging getting my masonary drill out :S

Do you connect your XBox to it, so you can go online? Is performance an issue? Which plugs did you buy?
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote