View Single Post
Old 13-05-2008, 01:45   #10
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: channel lists for freesat & free sat from sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
What is this obsession with the number of channels you can get? Since when has quantity = quality? Among the gazillions of channels Sky boasts as being part of their service are such televisual gems as Propeller, JML Lifestyle and Celebrity Shop. Have you ever watched them for longer than it takes to press 'channel up'?

If there are channels you genuinely want to have, that are not available on Freesat, then Freesat is not for you. But if everything you actually watch is on Freesat, I can't understand why on earth you care whether all the other cr@p is available as well.

Having said that, in time I fully expect a lot of the cr@p will appear on Freesat as well.And, incidentally, all the Five channels will be on Freesat as soon as they have disentangled themselves from Sky's nastly little carriage contract.
there is channels that i watch that aint on freesat that are on free sat from sky. thats not really the point tho, i cant see the point in having a 'new' service thats using the same satellites but gives less channels regardless of whether i watch them all or not. ppl keep saying that Sky are controlling well so are freesat as not all FTA channels are on their service, which clearly means that their dictating to ppl as to which channels they will get.
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote