Thread: UK Timeline [Merged] Ashes to Ashes
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2008, 03:56   #60
supremus
cf.geek

supremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation era
Re: [Merged] Ashes to Ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu038 View Post
I disagree, I think that they got it pretty close, folks tend to forget just how many changes in styles and fashions there were through the 80s it wasn't all Spandau ballet and Duran Duran thank god. 1981 was still very much Saturday Night Fever with a bit of Fame attitude thrown in for good measure
What I mean is, the period was very much a part of LoM's identity, while AtA seems to rely almost entirely on Gene Hunt in a way that borders on self parody, if not outright contrivance.

Quote:
I take you haven't got a very high opinion of British television then.
In terms of drama? No. It's mostly quite awful. LoM was a step up, though, but there's a long way to go, and AtA seems to have stumbled backwards.
supremus is offline   Reply With Quote