View Single Post
Old 20-01-2008, 21:06   #4
doctorstrop
Inactive

doctorstrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sky + box in bits

Just so you know, the 20gb harddrive in the box didn't work. Like the previous poster suggested, I think the drive might be too small (although sky state themselves that 80gb is for recordings, and the rest is for Sky Anytime).

I have sorted it in the end by having a couple of cans of beer and phoning sky up half-cut!!! I threatened them that I was not happy spending £65 on a product that could fail in 91 days and leave me requiring another £65 shell out. So if they charge me I'm going to Virgin who charge £2 less (20mb broadband and phone, virgin recoder box and second normal box) and although they no longer have sky one I wouldn't miss the single new episode out of the 30 odd simpsons they show a week, nor "smarter than a 10 year old".

They have booked an engineer to come out a fix it free of charge. My Sky + box is out of warrenty and mine, so they can't kick off about me hacking it open either. My Mrs is now happy!

Just so you know my sky + box is a pvr 3 pace, and I have had it since Augst 2005. Hope this helps anyone

Cheers

Andy
doctorstrop is offline   Reply With Quote