View Single Post
Old 18-08-2007, 09:18   #29
7@m3 G33k
Inactive

Services: 3 for £30 & I still pay 25p/min tech support?!?
7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Setting up wireless router with Virgin cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_greg View Post
Hi, i was wondering if you guys could help me as I have a very similar problem.

Just got Virgin Broadband in a new house and it seems to be cable. They've supplied a cable modem, which in turn has an ethernet socket which is connected to my laptop and is currently working fine. The model number printed on the Virgin Media modem is E08C007.

I want to connect it to my wireless router (a D-Link DSL-G624M) but the thing doesnt have an ethernet WAN port, rather a 'ADSL' RJ-11 socket which used to connect to the telephone socket (via a splitter). It has 4 ethernet LAN ports but these dont seem to be much use for communicating with the cable modem.

Apologies if someone has already answered this question in a previous post.
Hi Greg and welcome to CF

No need to apologise for any questions: there's always something that we don't know about and we come here in the hope of finding someone who does know about it.

Bad news about your D-Link box though: that's an ADSL modem/router so, as you have found out, you won't be able to connect that to your cable modem. What you need is a cable router or ethernet router like a D-Link DI-524 (assuming you want wireless as well).
7@m3 G33k is offline   Reply With Quote