View Single Post
Old 14-08-2007, 21:28   #1
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Problems with mapping share to NAS

Hey Guys,

I have my NAS up and running fine in Linux, but I'm having a problem with Windows XP Home and I'm hoping someone might be able to help out.

Within the NAS I have set up user accounts, all have r/w access to a folder called 'General' and then there is a folder for each user account.

I've mapped a shared drive within the 'My Computer' window. Assigned a drive letter (T. Told Windows to reconnect the share at login, and told Windows to connect as a different user and supplied the user name and password.

When I click 'Finish' the new mapped drive appears in the 'My Computer' window, and explorer opens with a view of the contents of the folder. I can then read/write within that folder.

This is all fine for as long as I'm logged in to Windows. As soon as I log out everything seems to go missing.

The next time I log in I'm told that the username/password for the share are incorrect. As soon as I supply the correct password I'm allowed access again though.

So.....

Anybody know why Windows might be getting its knickers in a knot over this one?

Thanks
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote