View Single Post
Old 18-05-2007, 15:43   #4
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Am I missing something? Aren't CRTs better?

We've got a Philips 21" 4:3 CRT in the bedroom, it's got fantastic picture quality and only cost £150ish, maybe less.
Downstairs we've got a widescreen Beko, I think £230, and again has a great picture. Only downside is that the Sky remote code for it doesn't seem to work so we have to use 2 remotes.
Until recently I've been reticent to get widescreen because most of the shows were in 4:3, so there was little point, but now it's gone the other way, so widescreen is fine by me.
Most rooms seem set up to have the TV in the corner, so the extra depth of a CRT is still there if you get a similar sized flatscreen, it's just empty behind it.
Maybe in a few years time, when flat screens have come down in price and my CRTs die, then I'll probably get a flat screen, but at the moment, I've had no reason to justify the cost.
625 is a great picture, I'm happy with it, so the extra £120 a year on top of the cost of HDTV really isn't worth it.