View Single Post
Old 22-04-2007, 00:43   #40
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Is it wrong to hijack your neighbours router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Yes, but where is the logic behind this law?

If my neighbour's incessant talking provides carbon dioxide for my tomatoes, am I guilty of theft?
LOL that did make me chuckle.

But what really REALLY gets me about most peoples unsecured networks is people on ADSL will LOGIN to the router to provide their ISP info which means they just used the DEAFULT password to get in there they never bother to venture as far to look at the security settings?

Even people who don't need to provide a login and their router just works surely should think it a bit strange that their computer just connects wirelessly without asking for any kind of authentication.

How anyone can leave a router unsecured without noticing is beyond me its pretty obvious perticually as windows xp sp2 even gives you a warning that the network you connecting to is unsecured when you hit connect are people really that stupid ?

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Then admitting to it in a public forum is perhaps NOT a good idea.
I doubt that they are going to bother tracking my IP down to my location then get a court order from my ISP to get my address details just so they can caution me for using an unencypted wi-fi connection

Its a signal on a public frequency receivable with equipment i'm legally entitled to have its transmitted in the plain so as far as i'm concerned its fair game.

Besides all they could go on is that i said i did it they've got no proof beyond that.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote